'Ghost' singers can't be heard on The Voice
Some contestants on the talent show The Voice were told they could not be picked to go through to the finals before they performed for the judges, the BBC has disclosed.
A handful of hopefuls, who had already been selected to sing from thousands who auditioned, performed a "ghost audition" in front of Jessie J and the other "coaches".
The acts agreed to sing and receive "feedback" despite knowing they would not be joining the performers selected for the live "battle rounds", which start tomorrow.
The BBC filmed the "ghost auditions" but didn't use them in the shows, which have attracted audiences of more than 10 million.
An anomaly in the show's format meant that some contestants took part in the "blind auditions" after the coaches had already filled their quota of 10 performers each. The BBC said this did not mean the format was weighted towards contestants selected to perform earlier for the coaches. A spokesman said: "The format was explained to everybody from the outset."
Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
YouTube video posted by Isis militants shows 'execution of 250 Syrian soldiers'
Joan Rivers: 'Palestinians deserve to be dead'
Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
Botched ice bucket challenge leaves man critically injured after plane drops hundreds of gallons of water
- 1 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 2 Joan Rivers: 'Palestinians deserve to be dead'
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 Botched ice bucket challenge leaves man critically injured after plane drops hundreds of gallons of water
- 5 Friends reunion: Jennifer Aniston, Lisa Kudrow and Courteney Cox perform mini sketch on Jimmy Kimmel Live
- < Previous
- Next >
£85000 - £100000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Head of Marketing - Slough, Berkshi...
£18 - 20k + Bonus: Guru Careers: An Administration Assistant / Office Assistan...
£28000 per annum: Ashdown Group: IT Software Application Support Analyst - Imm...
£30000 - £35000 Per Annum + 25 days holiday and bonus: Clearwater People Solut...