Graham Norton in running for Jonathan Ross's Radio 2 slot

Graham Norton is a frontrunner to take over from Jonathan Ross when he quits his Radio 2 show this summer, it emerged today.

Over The Rainbow host Norton is lined up as a guest host next month as he steps in for Chris Evans on the breakfast show.



A source at the station confirmed he is being considered to step in for Ross's Saturday show when his contract ends, but nothing has been confirmed.



Last week early morning Radio 2 host Sarah Kennedy told her listeners that Norton, 47, was being given a permanent slot.



"I've just learned Graham Norton is joining us full-time on Radio 2. That'll be nice," she said.



Ross has hosted the Saturday morning show for more than a decade, but has not renewed his contract with the BBC.



He was off-air for three months following a suspension as a result of the "Sachsgate" affair in which he and Russell Brand left lewd messages on the answering machine of actor Andrew Sachs.



A spokeswoman for the station said: "Radio 2 is currently considering its options regarding the new host of the Saturday morning slot."

Comments