Greenpeace drops spoof VW advert
A Greenpeace video attacking the environmental record of Volkswagen has been dropped from the internet after a complaint from the creator of Star Wars.
In a spoof on a VW advert which showed a child in a Darth Vader outfit being impressed by a Passat, Greenpeace's "VW: The Dark Side" showed children dressed as other Star Wars characters coming together to fight the German carmaker's climate change emissions.
Lucasfilm Limited complained the ad breached Star Wars copyright and YouTube removed it from its site, where Greenpeace said it had been watched by almost two million people.
VW said it was "surprised" by Greenpeace's attack, revealed in The Independent on Tuesday, pointing out it that has developed clean engines.
Leila Deen from Greenpeace said the group hoped to find new ways to show the film, which she said had been the most-viewed advert on the internet in a 24-hour period.
James Foley 'beheaded': PM cuts holiday short for emergency meeting on British response to latest Isis atrocity
Michael Brown shooting: Police shoot and kill second young black man near Ferguson
ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns aged 27
James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
Iraq crisis: Islamic State's message to America - 'We will drown you all in blood'
- 1 Michael Brown shooting: Police shoot and kill second young black man near Ferguson
- 2 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 3 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns aged 27
- 4 Cilla Black defends Cliff Richard: 'I am positive that the allegations are without foundation'
- 5 James Foley 'beheading': Met police warn public watching murder video could be criminal offence
Highly Competitive Salary + Commission: Austen Lloyd: BRISTOL BASED - DEALING ...
£45-50k (DOE) + Bonus & Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced ...
£30 - 35k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an Account Manager to join ...
£Excellent + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Social Advertising Manager / Social Med...