Greenpeace drops spoof VW advert
A Greenpeace video attacking the environmental record of Volkswagen has been dropped from the internet after a complaint from the creator of Star Wars.
In a spoof on a VW advert which showed a child in a Darth Vader outfit being impressed by a Passat, Greenpeace's "VW: The Dark Side" showed children dressed as other Star Wars characters coming together to fight the German carmaker's climate change emissions.
Lucasfilm Limited complained the ad breached Star Wars copyright and YouTube removed it from its site, where Greenpeace said it had been watched by almost two million people.
VW said it was "surprised" by Greenpeace's attack, revealed in The Independent on Tuesday, pointing out it that has developed clean engines.
Leila Deen from Greenpeace said the group hoped to find new ways to show the film, which she said had been the most-viewed advert on the internet in a 24-hour period.
UK's biggest male rape charity Survivors UK has state funding slashed to zero despite 120% rise in men reporting sexual violence and seeking help
Priest warns pupils the 'Charlie Charlie Challenge' is 'demonic activity'
'Don't blame all men for rape' campaign backfires spectacularly
Iran launches anti-Isis cartoon competition 'to expose true nature of Islamic State'
Fifa corruption arrests: Sepp Blatter 'quite relaxed' and confident he is 'not involved'
- 1 Stolen Instagram photo sells for $90,000
- 2 Before you complain about your GP, this is what you need to know about actually doing the job
- 3 UK's biggest male rape charity Survivors UK has state funding slashed to zero despite 120% rise in men reporting sexual violence and seeking help
- 4 'Don't blame all men for rape' campaign backfires spectacularly
- 5 Charlie Charlie Challenge explained: not a Mexican demon being summoned — it's gravity
£30 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Software / Web Developer (PHP / MYSQL) i...
£18 - 20k + Benefits: Guru Careers: An Account Executive is needed to join one...
Voluntary and unpaid, reasonable expenses are reimbursable: Reach Volunteering...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + uncapped commission, Benefits, OTE £100k: SThree: ...