How to win a reality show: vote for yourself
It's the question that much of the country seems to be asking: just who is voting for Christopher Maloney in The X Factor? Despite performing dated power ballads week after week, the 34-year-old Liverpudlian has yet to find himself in the dreaded "bottom two". Now the axed contestant Kye Sones has accused Maloney of voting for himself. When asked why Maloney was still in the show, Sones, 30, replied: "God knows. He must have an expensive phone bill."
Maloney hit back, saying: "I have voted for myself a few times … I doubt my calls have made much of a difference. If I had more credit on my phone I'd vote more."
While his contribution is surely of little significance, the whole affair is a little embarrassing. Surely the only time it is acceptable to vote for yourself is in a leadership election; no one is going to shame Barack Obama or Mitt Romney for marking their own names on ballot papers, are they?
Kim Jong-un shows off airport designed by architect he likely had executed
Michael Douglas regrets 'embarrassing' Catherine Zeta-Jones with oral sex comments
Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
Dutch city of Utrecht to experiment with a universal, unconditional 'basic income'
German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 1 Michael Douglas regrets 'embarrassing' Catherine Zeta-Jones with oral sex comments
- 2 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 3 Tunisian builder has been hailed a hero after knocking gunman to the ground with roof tiles
- 4 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 5 E.L James's #AskELJames Twitter Q&A didn't go exactly as planned
Competitive: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Creative Designer / Graphic Design...
£18 - 23k (DOE): Guru Careers: A Graduate Marketing Executive / Assistant is n...
£35000 - £43000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: We are 'Changemakers' in retail...
Voluntary, resonable expenses paid: Reach Volunteering: South Thames Crossroad...