ITN news deal for Channel 5
ITN has won the contract to produce Channel 5's news.
The deal follows an agreement by Sky, which has produced the bulletins for the last six years, and Northern & Shell, which owns Channel 5, to terminate their 5 News contract early.
ITN originally launched the news service in 1997 and produced it until 2005.
Channel 5 director of programming Jeff Ford said: "Over the last six years, Sky News has provided a news service which has helped to place Channel 5 at the forefront of public service news distribution.
"As we enter our second year under new ownership and with recent boosts in ratings and overall audience share, we continue at pace as a competitive terrestrial broadcaster.
"Through this new deal with ITN, we have a partner which will help to take us into the next phase of our news distribution and we look forward to a long and fruitful partnership."
ITN will produce the news, which is fronted by Matt Barbet and Emma Crosby, for an initial three-year term beginning early next year.
In pictures: Saturn images from Cassini probe as it prepares to turn lens towards Earth
New banker bonus boom: Payouts leapt 64% to new record when Chancellor George Osborne cut top-rate tax to 45p in April
'There's something quite unpleasant going on': Nigel Farage confronted for second time on visit to Scotland ahead of Donside by-election
Poor children are being let down by schools, warns Ofsted
World news in pictures
- 1 ‘Hello, NME? I’d like to complain about your Tom Odell review. Why? I’m his dad’
- 2 Richard Nieuwenhuizen death: Six teenagers and 50-year-old father convicted of manslaughter in shocking case of referee killed over a game of football
- 3 Exclusive: Newcastle United's star talent-spotter Graham Carr on brink as Joe Kinnear sparks walkout at St James' Park
- 4 Vast methane 'plumes' seen in Arctic ocean as sea ice retreats
- 5 From charmer to bully: My encounter with Charles Saatchi
£200 - £250 per day: Progressive Recruitment: Java Developer- £200-£250 London...
£20,000 - £23,000: Co-Venture: This is an exciting opportunity to work for a v...
£20,000 - £45,000 OTE: Co-Venture: Working on international markets without ge...
£20,000 - £45,000 OTE: Co-Venture: Working for this company will give you a ch...