ITN news deal for Channel 5
Tuesday 08 November 2011
ITN has won the contract to produce Channel 5's news.
The deal follows an agreement by Sky, which has produced the bulletins for the last six years, and Northern & Shell, which owns Channel 5, to terminate their 5 News contract early.
ITN originally launched the news service in 1997 and produced it until 2005.
Channel 5 director of programming Jeff Ford said: "Over the last six years, Sky News has provided a news service which has helped to place Channel 5 at the forefront of public service news distribution.
"As we enter our second year under new ownership and with recent boosts in ratings and overall audience share, we continue at pace as a competitive terrestrial broadcaster.
"Through this new deal with ITN, we have a partner which will help to take us into the next phase of our news distribution and we look forward to a long and fruitful partnership."
ITN will produce the news, which is fronted by Matt Barbet and Emma Crosby, for an initial three-year term beginning early next year.
Perez Hilton apologises for publishing Jennifer Lawrence naked 4Chan photos
Emma Watson on Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak: 'Even worse than seeing women's privacy violated is reading the comments'
Ariana Grande nude photos leak: Pictures are completely fake, say representatives
Saudis risk new Muslim division with proposal to move Mohamed’s tomb
Katie Hopkins breaks down in tears over weight gain challenge: ‘I hate fat people for making me do this’
- 1 Emma Watson on Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak: 'Even worse than seeing women's privacy violated is reading the comments'
- 2 Saudis risk new Muslim division with proposal to move Mohamed’s tomb
- 3 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 4 Cee Lo Green: It is only rape if the victim is conscious
- 5 Katie Hopkins breaks down in tears over weight gain challenge: ‘I hate fat people for making me do this’
£20000 - £45000 per annum + uncapped: SThree: Key featuresA highly motivated ...
£25k Basic (DOE) – (£30k year 1 OTE) : Guru Careers: We are seeking a bright A...
£20 - 26k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Marketing Executive / Member Services Ex...
£25 - 30k (DOE): Guru Careers: A Trend Writer / Copywriter: Retail, Design and...