Jeremy Paxman apologises for using F-word on air during Newsnight
Veteran journalist Jeremy Paxman was forced to apologise after using a swear word during Newsnight.
The broadcaster read a direct quote from Andrew Rawnsley's book on the inner workings of New Labour which said: "(Gordon) Brown went berserk with Bob Shrum. 'How could you do this to me, Bob?' Brown screamed at a shaking Shrum. 'How could you f**king do this to me?"'
A few minutes later Paxman apologised to viewers for his colourful language.
He said: "Apparently I'm told by our editor I have to apologise for quoting what you said the Prime Minister said and using the f word there. So honour satisfied now."
Rawnsley's book caused political shockwaves with allegations of bullying behaviour by the Prime Minister.
A BBC spokesman said: "During a post watershed interview with Andrew Rawnsley Jeremy read a direct quote from his book which contained an expletive. He apologised immediately to anyone that may have found it offensive."
Isis burns thousands of books and rare manuscripts from Mosul's libraries
Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
Mohammed Emwazi: Nine things we know about Isis militant 'Jihadi John'
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
'Jihadi John': Mohammed Emwazi – from British computer programmer to Isis executioner
- 1 Isis burns thousands of books and rare manuscripts from Mosul's libraries
- 2 Scarlett Johansson new band 'already hit with legal complaint' from another The Singles
- 3 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
£30-35k (P/T - Pro Rata) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienc...
£35000 - £45000 per annum + up to £45,000: Sauce Recruitment: The Internation...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A thriving online media busines...
£55,000 - £60,000: Loren Hughes: Are you a newly qualified accountant from a B...