Journalism group 'cleared' over McAlpine row
Monday 26 November 2012
The not-for-profit journalism group dragged into the row over the Newsnight report that led to Lord McAlpine being wrongly accused of being a paedophile said it had no control over the story but admitted failings over a decision to second one of its reporters, Angus Stickler, to the BBC.
The Bureau of Investigative Journalism said its own investigation into the events that led to the disastrous broadcast had found that the organisation itself provided no material for the report into allegations of sexual abuse.
- 1 Edward Heath 'raped 12 year-old boy at Mayfair flat'
- 2 London is the most googled city in the world
- 3 Porn block in India: hundreds of sexual websites banned, internet outraged
- 4 Giant Minion terrorises drivers in Ireland as 40ft inflatable blocks traffic on Dublin road
- 5 Richard Dawkins ridicules Sabrina Corgatelli for claiming her giraffe kill was 'ethical'
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £45K: SThree: SThree Group have been well esta...
£20 - £30k DOE + OTE + BENEFITS: Guru Careers: A Business Development Manager ...
£20k plus sales linked bonus. : Guru Careers: We are seeking a Copywriter to j...
Up to £26k DOE: Guru Careers: A Junior / Mid-Level 3D Creative Designer is nee...