Leanne Mitchell wins 'the voice'
Sunday 03 June 2012
Tom Jones declared: “This confirms that there is justice in the world,” as the act he coached won the BBC's singing competition, The Voice.
The former holiday-camp singer Leanne Mitchell, 28, was crowned the winner in last night's final after a public vote, claiming the prize of a recording contract. After singing James Brown's "It's a Man's World", she said: "I am starting to believe in myself."
The runners-up were Tyler James and Bo Bruce. The show, however, has failed to match Britain's Got Talent, its rival variety show's audience figures, with only around 4.5 million tuning into last week's semi-finals.
General Election 2015: David Cameron catching up in polls – but he badly needs a clear lead
South Africa xenophobic attacks: Shops looted and violence on streets of Johannesburg as foreigners are forced to hide in police stations
Earthworms rain down from skies over Norway, puzzling scientists
18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
'I wish my teacher knew...': Young students share their 'heartbreaking' worries in notes
- 1 BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 4 'I wish my teacher knew...': Young students share their 'heartbreaking' worries in notes
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This publishing company based i...
£30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: A highly successful, glo...
£25 - 30k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Report Writer / Reporting Analyst is nee...
£24-30K + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: A German speaking Account Manager ...