Lowest ratings recorded for BB final
Tuesday 14 August 2012
Big Brother drew its lowest-ever viewing figures for a final last night with less than two million watching.
Luke Anderson, 31, a man who was born a girl, was crowned winner of the current Channel 5 series.
The 9pm to 10.30pm show, which followed 70 days of nominations and evictions, was watched by a peak of 1.7 million and an average of 1.5 million viewers.
Last year's final, which was also presented by Brian Dowling, was seen by a peak of 2.2 million and an average of two million.
Meanwhile, Sharon's return to EastEnders on BBC1 peaked at 8.3 million during its first episode at 8pm and 7.1 million during the second at 9pm.
The last Big Brother final on Channel 4 averaged 3.9 million over two shows.
Belle Knox: How the porn star student from Duke University became bigger than Justin Bieber
Oscar Pistorius trial: Neighbour feared athlete would use gun that killed his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp to shoot himself
Top 10 most expensive cities in the world: Singapore named costliest place to live – but what about London?
Oscar Pistorius trial: Athlete 'cheated on me' with Reeva Steenkamp, former girlfriend Samantha Taylor tells Pretoria court
Channel 4 announces two-hour TV show to be broadcast 'Live from Space' later this month
- 1 The future of sex: The first female condoms were derided, mistrusted and shunned - but will their modern counterparts catch on?
- 2 South African rhino finally put down after roaming Kruger park for days with horn hacked off and bullet in brain
- 3 Italian pensioner hires an escort who turns out to be his son's girlfriend
- 4 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 5 Channel 4 announces two-hour TV show to be broadcast 'Live from Space' later this month
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: Founded in 2008 by two Chinese tech entre...
£40000 - £47000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Pro-Recruitment Group: Qualified...
£6.31 per hour: Inspiring Interns: This company delivers over 200 public secto...
£23000 - £27000 per annum + £18K Base + Uncapped Commission + Benefits: Flight...