Media Diary: Nixon eh? Excellent
Monday 03 October 2011
It was quite a weekend for Sir David Frost, who on Friday evening interviewed his old foe Donald Rumsfeld on Al Jazeera. The next evening, Frosty (pictured) himself answered questions – from Joan Bakewell on BBC2 to coincide with the showing of Frost/Nixon in which he is played by Michael Sheen. But there is a fresh development on the Nixon story. American actor Harry Shearer (the voice of Mr Burns in The Simpsons) has acquired transcripts of Richard Nixon’s White House exchanges with Secretary of State Henry Kissinger and turned them into a comedy script, which has been bought by Sky Arts. The words of the then leader of the Free World are said to be inadvertently “hilarious” and “jaw-dropping”.
Mickey takes on the ads
Cockney comedian Micky Flanagan, seen on BBC1’s Live at the Apollo, will be one of the team captains in a new Channel 4 game show, The Mad Bad Ad Show, examining the best and worst of adland’s productions. He’s actually an ex-teacher but never mind – at least he’s funny
- 1 If you weren't afraid of flying before last week... you probably are now
- 2 Israel-Gaza conflict: The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
- 3 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 4 Lauren Goodger calls for tougher laws on revenge porn after sex tape leaks online
- 5 Iraq crisis: End 'very near' for Christianity after Isis takeover, says Bishop
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: A data analytics are currently looking t...
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: My client who are a leading publisher in...
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: A leading marketing agency is currently ...
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: A leading marketing agency in Central Lo...