Media Lunch: Christian O'Connell, breakfast presenter, Absolute Radio
Thursday 29 July 2010
The venue: Polpo, a Venetian-style restaurant. It's basically Italian tapas, which sounds a bit crazy but it's amazing. The staff take you through the menu in a really non-patronising way and it's only a minute's walk away from where I work.
The company: I went there with a guy who does stuff for Radio 2. He's a Buddhist and is teaching me how to meditate.
The conversation: We talked about radio but spent most of the time discussing Buddhism, meditation, women and football.
On the menu: A selection of the sampling dishes. My favourites were the walnut and gorgonzola mortadella, pizzetta bianca and the lamb chump. We drank red wine. They do really nice table wine, served in funny little half glasses. It feels really rustic.
Come here often? Years ago, media lunches could go on all afternoon and into the evening, but the industry has changed so much. The luxury of the big long lunch, while fun, doesn't happen as much as it used to.
Polpo, 41 Beak Street, London W1 Polpo.co.uk
Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence 'The Fappening' scandal
Iranian blogger found guilty of insulting Prophet Mohammad on Facebook sentenced to death
Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair
Jennifer Lawrence 'naked sex video' will be leaked next, threatens 4Chan celebrity photo hacker
- 1 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence 'The Fappening' scandal
- 3 Scottish referendum 'English question': Tory MPs call on David Cameron to create an English first minister in wake of No vote
- 4 Iranian blogger found guilty of insulting Prophet Mohammad on Facebook sentenced to death
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster
£60000 - £85000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Interim Head of Marketing / Marketin...
£28000 per annum: Ashdown Group: IT Software Application Support Analyst - Imm...
£25 - 30k: Guru Careers: A Digital Project Manager is needed to join an exciti...
£24 - 28k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Paid Search Analyst / PPC...