Media Lunch: Richard Woolfe, channel controller, Five
Thursday 05 August 2010
The venue: The Ivy, which I love because it's a 90-second walk from the office.
The company: Emma Bunton, who is hosting Don't Stop Believing for us.
The conversation: We talked about the show, but it was a very gossipy lunch too.
On the menu: I always have the same main course, the grilled chicken, because I go out to eat a lot and if I did eat all of the things that I love then I'd be the size of a house. What I drink depends on the schmoozing required. There's a fabulous Chablis and a cheeky Merlot rosé.
Come here often? In my job I need to schmooze a lot of people, whether they are producers, talent, their representatives or agents, or colleagues and peers within the media. So yes, I do.
The Ivy, 1-5 West Street, London WC2
Weather bomb in pictures: Storms cuts power for tens of thousands – and snow is on the way
Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
Russell Brand was rendered speechless on Question Time by this man
Fury at Airbus after it hints the super-jumbo may be mothballed
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
£50000 per annum + 26 days holiday,pension: Ashdown Group: A highly successful...
£50000 per annum + 26 days, pension, private medical : Ashdown Group: A highly...
£25000 per annum: Ashdown Group: IT Service Desk Analyst - Chessington, Surrey...
£35000 - £40000 per annum: Charter Selection: This renowned and well establish...