Meet the new Melvyn Bragg (she's a model performer)
Watch out, Melvyn Bragg – Lily Cole, the freckle-faced, flame-haired film actress and supermodel, has cast herself in a new role as an arts commentator and broadcaster.
Having secured a Double First in History of Art at the University of Cambridge last year, Cole has signed up with Sky Arts to present a six-part series Lily Cole's Art Matters later this year. She will investigate the working practices of some of the contemporary artists she most admires.
Among those who have already agreed to speak to her is Christo, the Bulgarian-born environmental artist known for such projects as wrapping the Reichstag building in 100,000 square metres of silver fabric.
She will also profile the work of the South American video and installation artist Gabriel Orozco, who exhibited at Tate Modern last year and whose works include a skull decorated with a geometric pattern and a Citroën car sliced into three.
Cole, 23, will accompany her featured artists to "their places of inspiration" and question them on how their careers began. The presenting role is a fresh challenge for the actress, who had her first leading film role in 2009's The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus.
- 1 Forget 'The Dress': Here are five of the biggest news stories you might have missed
- 2 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Saudi Muslim cleric claims the Earth is 'stationary' and the sun rotates around it
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Junior Business Systems Analyst role...
£30-35k (P/T - Pro Rata) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienc...
£35000 - £45000 per annum + up to £45,000: Sauce Recruitment: The Internation...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A thriving online media busines...