'Midsomer Murders' – the top 10 killer facts
Sunday 15 February 2009
1. John Nettles' daughter, Emma, works for the police force in Jersey.
2. The original title for the series was 'Barnaby'.
3. The wedding congregation seen in 'Blood Wedding' was made up of journalists.
4. 'The Killings at Badger's Drift', Caroline Graham's 1987 book that inspired the series, was voted one of the top 100 crime novels of all time.
5. Betty Willingale, co-producer of 'Midsomer Murders', was the first to spot the potential in Caroline Graham's book.
6. John Nettles was forced to take out a court injunction against a 50-year-old stalker.
7. Nettles met his wife Catherine Sealey when she was pulled on stage from the audience by Les Dawson.
8. An episode was part of ITV's Millennium Eve line-up.
9. Phyllis Calvert made one of her last screen appearances in the drama before she died in 2002, aged 87.
10. The village of Hambleden in Buckinghamshire, which was a backdrop for 'Midsomer Murders', was put on sale for £30m in 2003.
- 1 Stoke City investigate 'religious abuse' after 'pig's head is found in Kenwyne Jones' locker'
- 2 Gove’s lesson: spare the comma, spoil the child
- 3 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 4 Join Ryanair! See the world! But we'll only pay you for nine months a year
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
Travel and lunch expenses: ESI Media: Rare work experience opportunity for asp...
£28000 - £36000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
£350 - £400 per day: Progressive Recruitment: Agile Java Developer London
£19000 - £20000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: Our client is a lead...