Millions tune into Big Brother launch
The launch of Celebrity Big Brother on Thursday gave Channel 5 one of its largest-ever audiences, with an average of 5.1 million tuning in.
The show and its spin-off programme were the most-watched shows on TV that night between 9pm and 11.30pm, according to overnight data. But the launch figures were slightly down on those for the opening of Celebrity Big Brother on Channel 4 last year.
Last night's debut peaked at six million before 10pm. Contestants include Kerry Katona, Sally Bercow and the Jedward twins. Channel 5 said excluding sport, the launch was the station's most-watched British programme since it went on air.
Weather bomb in pictures: Storms cuts power for tens of thousands – and snow is on the way
Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
Russell Brand was rendered speechless on Question Time by this man
Fury at Airbus after it hints the super-jumbo may be mothballed
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
£50000 per annum + 26 days holiday,pension: Ashdown Group: A highly successful...
£50000 per annum + 26 days, pension, private medical : Ashdown Group: A highly...
£25000 per annum: Ashdown Group: IT Service Desk Analyst - Chessington, Surrey...
£35000 - £40000 per annum: Charter Selection: This renowned and well establish...