Norton to take over Ross's radio slot
Friday 14 May 2010
The BBC's task of filling the space on its schedules left by the departure of Jonathan Ross this summer began yesterday after Graham Norton was confirmed as his replacement on Radio 2.
The Over the Rainbow host will take over the Saturday morning slot in October following the departure of Ross in July.
Ross – who has been a weekend regular since 1999 – is leaving the BBC after deciding not to renew his contract.
Norton had been tipped as a replacement and is already standing in on Radio 2 while the breakfast host, Chris Evans, is on holiday. Evans has drawn a new record audience of 9.5 million listeners for his show after taking over from Sir Terry Wogan.
Norton's new show – which begins on 2 October – will feature live musical performances and celebrity guests. Interim presenters have still to be finalised.
Australian man punched in the face for defending Muslim women from abuse on train
Priest warns pupils the 'Charlie Charlie Challenge' is 'demonic activity'
Iran launches anti-Isis cartoon competition 'to expose true nature of Islamic State'
Woman accidentally shoots herself in the head while posing for a selfie
US warned by Chinese media to stop meddling or 'war will be inevitable'
- 1 I was raped by another man. And now the Government wants to take away the one thing that saved my life
- 2 Preston fan who appeared to snatch Jermaine Beckford's shirt from eight-year-old boy identified and says: 'the truth will come out'
- 3 Priest warns pupils the 'Charlie Charlie Challenge' is 'demonic activity'
- 4 Iran launches anti-Isis cartoon competition 'to expose true nature of Islamic State'
- 5 US warned by Chinese media to stop meddling or 'war will be inevitable'
£20000 - £25000 per annum + uncapped commission, Benefits, OTE £100k: SThree: ...
£16 - 20k: Guru Careers: A Graduate Editor / Editorial Assistant is needed to ...
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...