Ross to be face of French film channel
The irrepressible Jonathan Ross, who promised himself a year off after leaving the BBC this summer, is to return to television next week as the face of specialist French film channel Cinemoi.
The film buff, who has taken shares in the channel, will take up a varied role as a presenter, producer and creative director. His first interview for Cinemoi will be with Marion Cotillard, the Oscar-winning star of La Vie en Rose, which will be screened next month.
The former presenter of Film 2010 was already a subscriber to Cinemoi, which is shown on Sky channel 343 and on Virgin Media channel 445, when he struck the deal with the channel's founder Olly Bengough. "French cinema isn't just for intellectuals and film buffs – it really can be enjoyed by everyone," said Ross.
The presenter is due to start making his new chat show for ITV in the autumn. He will also present the British Comedy Awards for Channel 4 at the end of next month.
Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart bromance continues: X-Men star gushes about 'pussy cat' BFF Patrick Stewart
David Cameron stung by jellyfish: PM hurt after ignoring advice of locals while on holiday
South Korea ferry: Vice principal rescued from sinking ship found hanged
Kim Jong-un, crowds and contraband: Inside North Korea with the Pyongyang marathon winner
Cover up! Mother told to show less cleavage during Disneyland family trip: 'Are we supposed to wear turtlenecks our whole lives?'
- 1 Dylan Tombides: West Ham confirm 20-year-old striker has died after battle with cancer
- 2 'Sinful': Video of British Muslims dancing to Pharrell Williams's hit Happy comes under attack
- 3 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 4 Angus Steakhouse: How does tourist staple continue to thrive in today's gourmet market?
- 5 Cover up! Mother told to show less cleavage during Disneyland family trip: 'Are we supposed to wear turtlenecks our whole lives?'
£26K-30k + Bonus, Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension: Charter Selectio...
£25K-28k + Bonus, Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension: Charter Selectio...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: There are many small development projects in ...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: As part of an ongoing effort to support local...