Shameless signs off after 10 years
Wednesday 10 October 2012
The Shameless creator Paul Abbott has called time on Frank Gallagher after 11 series of the hit TV drama.
The writer announced that the dysfunctional Gallagher and his family will make one last outing at the Chatsworth Estate with a new Channel 4 series to be broadcast early next year. Its broadcast, in 2013, will mark 10 years since the drama was first filmed in 2003 in Manchester.
Mr Abbott said: "Its 10th anniversary seems a fitting time to shut the book on Shameless. We've had an absolute ball making this stuff up for a living. We've given back in spades and got away with absolute murder, on behalf of such a fantastically outspoken audience."
- 1 Serena Williams apologises after comment that rape victim 'shouldn't have put herself in that position'
- 2 Disability campaigners celebrate 'victory' after government rethink over plans to make it more difficult to claim disability benefits
- 3 Bankers could face jail after report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 4 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 5 We never knew Nigella Lawson - and we still don’t
£200 - £250 per day: Progressive Recruitment: Java Developer- £200-£250 London...
£20,000 - £23,000: Co-Venture: This is an exciting opportunity to work for a v...
£20,000 - £45,000 OTE: Co-Venture: Working on international markets without ge...
£20,000 - £45,000 OTE: Co-Venture: Working for this company will give you a ch...