'Stuck' Chris Moyles misses BBC One breakfast show
Monday 19 April 2010
Chris Moyles was forced to miss his Radio 1 breakfast show this morning after finding himself unable to return from New York because of the air travel chaos.
The presenter was said to be "gutted" that he could not get back, and station bosses drafted in replacement Scott Mills to cover.
A number of stars have found their travel plans disrupted by the grounding of flights due to the ash problems.
Moyles told fans he would be off air by simply posting the word "stuck" on his Twitter feed.
The presenter said there was a camaraderie among stranded Brits in New York.
"It's weird because life is going on as normal here, just like at home. It's quite nice in a way 'cos loads of British people are bonding over the fact that we're all stuck here together."
Others whose movements have been affected include Heather Mills, who has been stranded in Austria following a skiing holiday.
And teenage star Miley Cyrus has been unable to attend interviews in the UK for her new film The Last Song which was due to receive its premiere in London tomorrow.
Syria conflict: President Assad finally turns on Isis as government steps up campaign against militant strongholds
Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
Iraq crisis: Islamic State's message to America - 'We will drown you all in blood'
Ferguson: In the heartlands of America, a descent into madness
Celebrity Big Brother 2014: Audley Harrison meets Kellie Maloney: 'Was Kellie really the best you could come up with?'
- 1 Three of Pope Francis' relatives die in Argentina car crash, including two young great-nephews
- 2 Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
- 3 Reading Festival 2014: Tesco branch replaces salad with Jager and potatoes for vodka as campsite opens tomorrow
- 4 Here’s the damning letter Robin Williams wrote to his Mrs Doubtfire co-star's principal after they expelled her
- 5 Ferguson protests: 90-year-old Holocaust survivor Hedy Epstein ‘arrested’ by police during St Louis demonstrations
£45-50k (DOE) + Bonus & Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced ...
£30 - 35k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an Account Manager to join ...
£Excellent + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Social Advertising Manager / Social Med...
£30 - 35k (DOE): Guru Careers: A Web Developer / Front End Web Developer (PHP ...