'Stuck' Chris Moyles misses BBC One breakfast show
Monday 19 April 2010
Chris Moyles was forced to miss his Radio 1 breakfast show this morning after finding himself unable to return from New York because of the air travel chaos.
The presenter was said to be "gutted" that he could not get back, and station bosses drafted in replacement Scott Mills to cover.
A number of stars have found their travel plans disrupted by the grounding of flights due to the ash problems.
Moyles told fans he would be off air by simply posting the word "stuck" on his Twitter feed.
The presenter said there was a camaraderie among stranded Brits in New York.
"It's weird because life is going on as normal here, just like at home. It's quite nice in a way 'cos loads of British people are bonding over the fact that we're all stuck here together."
Others whose movements have been affected include Heather Mills, who has been stranded in Austria following a skiing holiday.
And teenage star Miley Cyrus has been unable to attend interviews in the UK for her new film The Last Song which was due to receive its premiere in London tomorrow.
- 1 Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
- 2 The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
- 3 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
- 4 Ross Burden dead: MasterChef and Ready Steady Cook star, dies aged 45
- 5 Businessman charged £75 for three small bottles of water in London hotel
£26000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A highly successful international media organ...
£40000 - £45000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: This is an e...
£Neg. (DOE) + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: Combining a passion for Softwa...
£Neg. (DOE) + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: Lead Software Developer / Seni...