Toys from the blackstuff: What next for Sesame Street's unemployed?
Perhaps a testament to the lack of zingers in the first US presidential debate between Barack Obama and Mitt Romney was the fact that the most memorable line of the evening was Romney announcing that, if elected, he'd cancel any government subsidies to America's public broadcaster PBS, home of Sesame Street (despite Romney's protestations that "I like Big Bird").
So if Romney does manage to win, what next for the residents of kids' TV's most famous avenue?
Big Bird – Stud at intensive chicken farm in Ohio
Eric and Ernie – Salesmen/branding consultants for vulcanised bath accessories
Oscar the Grouch – Fox News talking head
Count von Count – Chairman of the United States Federal Reserve
Mr Snuffleupagus – Pantomime Snuffleupagus (seasonal)
Cookie Monster – Anti-diabetes campaigner
Elmo – "Me Elmo! Me professor of linguistics at MIT!"
Greek hospitals cannot afford painkillers, scissors or sheets as budget cuts bite
Purity balls: Girls in the US making virginity pledges as fathers vow to 'protect purity'
Bulgarian seaside resort Sunny Beach is cheapest for beer
Female Muay Thai champion hustles coaches to give them a beating
Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 1 Eurovision 2015: Graham Norton returns with another cutting commentary - his best lines
- 2 Purity balls: Girls in the US making virginity pledges as fathers vow to 'protect purity'
- 3 Eurovision 2015 winner: Sweden beats Russia and Italy to take title from Conchita Wurst
- 4 Mother 'will allow son's circumcision in return for release from prison'
- 5 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£30 - 35k: Guru Careers: A Senior Account Manager / SAM is needed to join the ...
£55000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Digital Marketing Manager...