Toys from the blackstuff: What next for Sesame Street's unemployed?
Perhaps a testament to the lack of zingers in the first US presidential debate between Barack Obama and Mitt Romney was the fact that the most memorable line of the evening was Romney announcing that, if elected, he'd cancel any government subsidies to America's public broadcaster PBS, home of Sesame Street (despite Romney's protestations that "I like Big Bird").
So if Romney does manage to win, what next for the residents of kids' TV's most famous avenue?
Big Bird – Stud at intensive chicken farm in Ohio
Eric and Ernie – Salesmen/branding consultants for vulcanised bath accessories
Oscar the Grouch – Fox News talking head
Count von Count – Chairman of the United States Federal Reserve
Mr Snuffleupagus – Pantomime Snuffleupagus (seasonal)
Cookie Monster – Anti-diabetes campaigner
Elmo – "Me Elmo! Me professor of linguistics at MIT!"
Refugee crisis: Sweden the only European country with a majority favourable towards non-EU immigration
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
Bob Geldof offers to take four refugee families into his home 'immediately' as he condemns humanitarian crisis as a ‘f**king disgrace'
Teenager creates website allowing motorists to fight parking tickets in minutes
Five practical ways you can help refugees trying to find safety in Europe
- 1 Refugee crisis: Sweden the only European country with a majority favourable towards non-EU immigration
- 2 'Heartbreaking' Syria orphan photo wasn't taken in Syria and not of orphan
- 3 Malnourished two-year-old found being breastfed by dog in Chile
- 4 Bob Geldof offers to take four refugee families into his home 'immediately' as he condemns humanitarian crisis as a ‘f**king disgrace'
- 5 YouTube video shows woman verbally abusing takeaway staff 'because they used green peppers'
£20000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This national business publishi...
£14500 - £16000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£22 - £25k basic + Commission=OTE £35k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Bathroom Sh...
£18 - 20k + Benefits: Guru Careers: An Account Executive / Account Manager is ...