Toys from the blackstuff: What next for Sesame Street's unemployed?
Perhaps a testament to the lack of zingers in the first US presidential debate between Barack Obama and Mitt Romney was the fact that the most memorable line of the evening was Romney announcing that, if elected, he'd cancel any government subsidies to America's public broadcaster PBS, home of Sesame Street (despite Romney's protestations that "I like Big Bird").
So if Romney does manage to win, what next for the residents of kids' TV's most famous avenue?
Big Bird – Stud at intensive chicken farm in Ohio
Eric and Ernie – Salesmen/branding consultants for vulcanised bath accessories
Oscar the Grouch – Fox News talking head
Count von Count – Chairman of the United States Federal Reserve
Mr Snuffleupagus – Pantomime Snuffleupagus (seasonal)
Cookie Monster – Anti-diabetes campaigner
Elmo – "Me Elmo! Me professor of linguistics at MIT!"
Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
YouTube video posted by Isis militants shows 'execution of 250 Syrian soldiers'
Botched ice bucket challenge leaves man critically injured after plane drops hundreds of gallons of water
Terror threat level raised to severe as PM warns Isis risk could last for decades
Isis 'A Message in Blood' video shows beheading of Kurdish man in Iraq
- 1 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 2 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
- 5 Terror threat level raised to severe as PM warns Isis risk could last for decades
- < Previous
- Next >
£20000 - £45000 per annum + uncapped: SThree: Key featuresA highly motivated ...
£18000 - £30000 per annum + uncapped: SThree: Do you feel you sales role is li...
£85000 - £100000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Head of Marketing - Slough, Berkshi...
£18 - 20k + Bonus: Guru Careers: An Administration Assistant / Office Assistan...