TV pundit suspended over tweets
Friday 10 February 2012
The broadcaster CNN has suspended a political analyst for "anti-gay" tweets made during the Super Bowl.
Roland Martin, commenting on a Super Bowl ad showing David Beckham in underwear, wrote: "If a dude at your Super Bowl party is hyped about David Beckham's H&M underwear ad, smack the ish out of him."
A rights group said the remark endorsed homophobic violence. Mr Martin said he was joking and did not support violence.
- 1 Malaysian cyclist could face disciplinary action after 'Save Gaza' gloves protest
- 2 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 3 Fifty Shades of Grey trailer provokes moral outrage from US parenting groups
- 4 McDonald’s removes chicken nuggets from the menu in Hong Kong amid major food scare
- 5 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: A data analytics are currently looking t...
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: My client who are a leading publisher in...
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: A leading marketing agency is currently ...
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: A leading marketing agency in Central Lo...