'Whistle Test' returns to the BBC
Thursday 07 July 2011
"Whispering" bob Harris is to host The Old Grey Whistle Test once again in a radio revival of the classic BBC music show.
Artists who performed on the original series, including Sir Elton John, Robert Plant and Paul Weller, will return for the Radio 2 series, which marks the programme's 40th anniversary.
Whistle Test is credited with giving early exposure to acts such as Bob Marley, Tom Petty, Bruce Springsteen and Steely Dan. The BBC Two programme ran from 1971 to 1987 and was a showcase for the "serious" rock acts beloved by Harris.
Starting in August, the 16-part radio series, Old Grey Whistle Test 40, will feature classic archive, new performances recorded at the famous Maida Vale studios, and interviews with artists who appeared on the original series. The line-up will include Roger Daltrey, Mark Knopfler, Yusuf Islam, Emmylou Harris and Simple Minds.
Harris, 65, described the new show as "a massive reunion, featuring superstars of British and American music".
- 1 All Blacks Aaron Cruden misses New Zealand flight after drinking session, has brilliant excuse
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': TV reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 Alicia Keys leaks nude photo 'to create a kinder and more peaceful world'
- 5 Clothes store Joy angers mental health campaigners with Twitter exchange on bipolar disorders
£25 - 30k (DOE) + Bonus & Benefits: Guru Careers: We are looking for an Accoun...
£25k Basic (DOE) – (£30k year 1 OTE) : Guru Careers: We are seeking a bright A...
£15-20k (DOE) + Benefits / Bonus: Guru Careers: We are seeking a bright R...
£25 - 40k (DOE) + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Web Desig...