Wogan goads 'nice fella' Moyles
A week after re-confirming his status as king of breakfast radio, Sir Terry Wogan said today he expected rival DJ Chris Moyles to "broadcast for six hours a day" to try to catch up with his listener figures.
Official data revealed that in the last quarter Wake Up To Wogan on Radio 2, with an audience of 7.93 million, moved clear of Moyles' Radio 1 show, with 7.72 million, after being almost neck and neck earlier in the year.
Sir Terry said he was never unduly troubled by competition from Moyles.
"I've always had a gap on Chris Moyles - it's nothing new," he said.
"The little chap does his best and I think eventually he will broadcast for at least six hours a day in a desperate attempt to catch me up."
The 71-year-old said the rivalry for listeners was entirely amicable.
"I wish him well - he's a really nice fella," he said.
"The idea that we are somehow at each other's throats is nonsense. We hardly ever see each other for a start."
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
The Google future, including microphones in every ceiling and data sent directly to your brain
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
Initially paid internship designed to lead to full-time job: Inspiring Interns...
£27000 - £31000 per annum + Benefits: Flight Centre Limited: Global travel com...
£35000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: "Exciting Audit S...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: As part of an ongoing effort to support local...