X Factor waltzes to victory in ratings battle
Monday 13 September 2010
Ann Widdecombe's dance debut could not compete with the X Factor, with the ITV1 show pulling in almost 4 million more viewers.
The Saturday night programmes did not run against each other, with Strictly Come Dancing finishing at 7.25pm - 20 minutes before X Factor started.
But the average viewing figures will make uncomfortable reading for BBC bosses, with 7.1 million tuning in to the ballroom show's opening night, while ITV1's talent search pulled in 10.8 million.
The first episode of the BBC1 show saw celebrities including former Destiny's Child singer Michelle Williams, Felicity Kendal and a host of ex-soap stars join former MP Widdecombe on the dancefloor.
Rules on 5p plastic bags likely to lead to arguments at the check-out
Watch the Supermoon live: How to see the brightest Moon of the year tonight
Hulk Hogan wants to be Donald Trump's running mate in the US Presidential election
Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
Turkey duped the US, and Isis reaps rewards
- 1 Rules on 5p plastic bags likely to lead to arguments at the check-out
- 2 Hulk Hogan wants to be Donald Trump's running mate in the US Presidential election
- 3 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
- 4 News agency criticised for describing Amal Clooney as 'actor's wife' in coverage of human rights trial
- 5 David De Gea to Real Madrid: Real finally get their man with £29m bid for Manchester United goalkeeper
COMPETITIVE + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: A Lead Systems Developer / Sof...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: The world's leading financial services careers...
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Digital Marketing Executive...
40-45K DOE + Benefits: Guru Careers: An Account Manager / Senior Account Manag...