X Factor waltzes to victory in ratings battle
Monday 13 September 2010
Ann Widdecombe's dance debut could not compete with the X Factor, with the ITV1 show pulling in almost 4 million more viewers.
The Saturday night programmes did not run against each other, with Strictly Come Dancing finishing at 7.25pm - 20 minutes before X Factor started.
But the average viewing figures will make uncomfortable reading for BBC bosses, with 7.1 million tuning in to the ballroom show's opening night, while ITV1's talent search pulled in 10.8 million.
The first episode of the BBC1 show saw celebrities including former Destiny's Child singer Michelle Williams, Felicity Kendal and a host of ex-soap stars join former MP Widdecombe on the dancefloor.
James Foley 'beheaded': PM cuts holiday short for emergency meeting on British response to latest Isis atrocity
Michael Brown shooting: Police shoot and kill second young black man near Ferguson
ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns aged 27
James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
Iraq crisis: Islamic State's message to America - 'We will drown you all in blood'
- 1 Michael Brown shooting: Police shoot and kill second young black man near Ferguson
- 2 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 3 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns aged 27
- 4 Cilla Black defends Cliff Richard: 'I am positive that the allegations are without foundation'
- 5 James Foley 'beheading': Met police warn public watching murder video could be criminal offence
Highly Competitive Salary + Commission: Austen Lloyd: BRISTOL BASED - DEALING ...
£45-50k (DOE) + Bonus & Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced ...
£30 - 35k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an Account Manager to join ...
£Excellent + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Social Advertising Manager / Social Med...