Tweets so good they should be printed
Thursday 26 November 2009
A start-up company is giving Twitter users the opportunity to self-publish their own book of Tweets.
TweetBookz, a US-based company that launched on November 23, came up with the idea that lets microbloggers turn 200 of their best tweets into a physical book.
"This is a fun way to look back on your favorite tweets and capture all the emotion of those moments to keep forever. It's a great gift either for family, friends or just for yourself," say TweetBookz.com co-founders, Jacob Shwirtz and Asael Kahana.
Twitter has quickly become a global phenomenon and companies across the globe are discovering ways in which they can benefit from the micro-blogging revolution.
Internet start-up TwitPub collates tweets from premium content tweeters on specific subjects and sells them to interested consumers while online community-based clothing company Threadless lets users vote for the "best tweets" and then prints them on T-Shirts.
In August, 2009 author Nick Douglas published a book called "Twitter Wit" that contained his selection of variously authored "brilliant" tweets from the social networking site.
The 5.5 by 8.5 inch, 200 page books from TweetBookz are available in four customizable designs and can be printed in English, Spanish, French or Hebrew. Prices start at $20.00 for a soft cover book and $30.00 for a hard-cover edition.
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'does not see a problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 3 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 4 A third of employers never check job applicants' qualifications, survey finds
- 5 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist
£18000 - £30000 per annum + uncapped: SThree: Do you feel you sales role is li...
£20000 - £45000 per annum + uncapped: SThree: Key featuresA highly motivated ...
£30000 - £35000 Per Annum + 25 days holiday and bonus: Clearwater People Solut...
Highly Competitive Salary + Commission: Austen Lloyd: BRISTOL BASED - DEALING ...