Two percent pay for 100 percent of the internet
Friday 11 December 2009
Only two in 100 people who browse the internet actually click on the advertisements, according to a study conducted by Chitika, an online ad network.
The report was based on the amount of "clicks" on advertisements among 86 million web users. Conducted during a two-week period in October, it was determined that 1,863,710 are "clickers," as they are called.
The conclusion is that only two percent of internet users actually fund the websites, which helps illustrate the value of a "clicker," as they are called. The other users are seen as a potentially untapped opportunity.
Ukraine crisis: Putin will cut gas to Europe unless Russia is paid by the end of the week
Liam Gallagher brands Kanye West 'utter s**t' during BRIT Awards performance
Isis burns thousands of books and rare manuscripts from Mosul's libraries
Missing Mexico teachers: Protests organised by union quashed in violent police crackdown
Mohammed Emwazi: Nine things we now know about man named as Isis militant 'Jihadi John'
- 1 Liam Gallagher brands Kanye West 'utter s**t' during BRIT Awards performance
- 2 Isis burns thousands of books and rare manuscripts from Mosul's libraries
- 3 People who sleep more than eight hours are more likely to have a stroke, research shows
- 4 Kanye West climbs on table at Nando's to crowd chants of 'Yeezus' before Brit Awards 2015 performance of 'All Day'
- 5 Muslim women's rights campaigner writes heartfelt letter to girls thinking of joining Isis
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent benefits: Ashdown Group: Senior Web Deve...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £45K: SThree: Are you an ambitious, money moti...
£22000 - £23000 per annum + training: Ashdown Group: Graduate Graphic Designer...
£50,000- £70,000 + commission : Sphere Digital Recruitment: This DSP is an onl...