We think it's time you went away
Hotel breaks: 2 nights for the price of 1
Tuesday 14 January 1997
Simply pay for one night's bed and breakfast and you will get the next night, including breakfast, free. Prices are based on two people sharing a double or twin room.
All the participating hotels are members of the Minotel consortium and many will allow you to enjoy a longer stay on the same basis; pay for two nights and stay for four, for example. You can check this with your chosen hotel when you make your initial reservation.
There are more than 80 Minotel hotels participating in this offer, all of which are located in England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales. All the hotels offer top-class comfort and pride themselves on providing a personal service that many larger establishments cannot match.
A list of the participating Minotel hotels was printed in last Sunday's Independent on Sunday and yesterday's Independent.
How to Qualify
To qualify for your 2 for 1 break, you must collect four differently numbered tokens from the nine we are printing in The Independent and the Independent on Sunday until Sunday 19 January. Attach them to a voucher, one is printed today, others will be published in The Independent on Saturday 18 January and in the Independent on Sunday on 19 January. Then follow the booking procedure detailed below. Also published today is a confirmation booking form. You only need to complete this form if you are not paying by credit card.
If you would like to take more then one 2 for 1 break, just collect four tokens and one voucher for each separate occasion that you wish to go. Today we print Token 4; Token 5 will be printed in tomorrow's Independent.
1. All bookings must be made by telephone direct with each individual hotel. Callers must identify themselves as "Independent 2 for 1 voucher holders" as some hotels may have standard or superior rooms available at normal rates when their allocation of 2 for 1 rooms is full.
2. All bookings must be pre-paid and reservations can be confirmed over the telephone by credit card holders at most hotels.
3. Voucher holders wishing to pay by other methods can make a provisional booking by phone which the hotel will keep open for 48 hours pending receipt of the confirmation booking form and payment which will be acknowledged by the hotel on the day it is received. If you do not receive such an acknowledgement within seven days, you are advised to contact the hotel.
4. Vouchers must be surrendered on arrival at the hotel and can be used on one occasion only.
5. Vouchers are valid from 11 January to 30 September 1997.
Terms and Conditions
1. To participate in our 2 for 1 offer you must collect 4 differently numbered tokens, including 1 from The Independent on Sunday and attach them to a voucher. If you would like to take more then one 2 for 1 break, just collect four tokens and one voucher for each separate occasion that you wish to go.
2. The voucher may be redeemed at any participating Minotel hotel (as listed in the Independent on Sunday, 12 January, and The Independent, 13 January) for one free night's bed and breakfast for two people in a standard twin or double room when the first night's bed and breakfast is pre-purchased at the price indicated.
3. Some hotels, at the proprietor's discretion, will accept the voucher for longer stays on the same basis, so you can stay for 4 nights for the price of 2 for example. Please check with your chosen hotel when making your booking.
4. The voucher does not cover payment for any other meals or service that may be requested by the holder and cannot be used with any other offer, saving or discount that may be available at the hotel.
5. No bookings will be accepted for Bank holiday periods.
6. Bookings for January, February, March and April cannot be made more than 6 weeks in advance. Bookings for May and September cannot be made more than 4 weeks in advance. Bookings for June, July and August cannot be made more than 7 days in advance.
7. Vouchers are valid from 11 January to 30 September 1997.
8. Vouchers must be surrendered on arrival at the hotel and can be used on one occasion only.
9. No-shows or cancellations less than 14 days prior to the anticipated date of arrival at the hotel will render the voucher invalid and the holder liable for payment in full for each night booked, including those previously offered free.
10. All bookings made under this promotion are subject to availability and to the selected hotel's own period of availability and terms and conditions, except where those conditions may differ from these in which case these conditions shall prevail.
11. Photocopies of tokens and vouchers are not acceptable.
12. One child, under the age of 12 years at the time of booking and sharing a room with two adults will be accommodated free of charge but all meals, including breakfast, will be chargeable.
13. The descriptions and prices contained in this offer have been supplied by participating hotels. While every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy prior to publication, no responsibility can be taken by Newspaper Publishing plc, Charterhouse Promotions or Minotel for any error, omissions or changes that may take place afterwards without notice.
Ryan Gosling granted temporary restraining order against a woman 'convinced she was his twin flame'
Jennifer Lawrence sings in new The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Pt 1 clip on YouTube
Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
- 1 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 2 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 3 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 4 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
- 5 Kenya bus attack: Al-Shabaab militants kill 28 non-Muslims who failed to recite Koran
£8000 - £13000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Do you have an interest in compu...
£18000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An exciting opportunity has bec...
Voluntary Only - Expenses Reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: The Society for Expe...
Voluntary Only - Expenses Reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: Age Concern Slough a...