We want results
Tuesday 16 May 1995
Alan Yentob stepped up to the podium at the Royal Television Society last week - tie askew, shirt collar upturned - looking as if he had just gone 10 rounds with a BBC accountant. Being controller of BBC1, he said, is "like managing the England football team - everyone thinks they can do the job better than you". Yentob would do well to remember that if England managers don't get results, they get sacked, end up in charge of Wolves and get spat on by people from Sheffield.
East 17 bandmember Brian Harvey in 'very desperate situation’
Vladimir Putin says Russia will fight for the right of Palestinians to their own state
Ohio Democrat Teresa Fedor speaks out during abortion debate to reveal she has been raped – and is interrupted by laughter from Republicans
Children take eight Isis captives to be beheaded in latest propaganda video
Jeremy Clarkson 'could be given minder' ahead of a potential Top Gear return
- 1 East 17 bandmember Brian Harvey in 'very desperate situation’
- 2 Germanwings plane crash: Video shows co-pilot Andreas Lubitz learning to fly as a teenager
- 3 Vladimir Putin says Russia will fight for the right of Palestinians to their own state
- 4 Germanwings crash: Captain of doomed plane was only 'on board because he changed job to spend more time with his children'
- 5 WrestleMania 31 results: Seth Rollins stuns WWE as he cashes in Money in the Bank contract to claim title from Brock Lesnar
£21000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A publishing company based in F...
£20 - 35k: Guru Careers: We are seeking a tech savvy Product Design Engineer /...
£24-30K + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: German speaking Account Manager / ...
£23 - 30K (DOE) + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a System Ad...