Wider availability of on-demand services increasing online TV and movie viewing
Friday 13 November 2009
The number of Americans watching programs online has doubled within the last year.
Consumers, wooed by the ability to watch the shows they want at a time that is convenient, are heading to the internet to get their weekly quota of TV and movie watching, says a new study published on November 11 by market researcher Parks Associates.
"Consumer interest in time-shifting content through online portals has increased significantly," said Jayant Dasari, research analyst, Parks Associates. "Close to 40% of broadband households today watch full-length television shows over the Internet."
According to Parks Associates, there are over 25 million households in the US watching full-length TV shows online on a regular basis. The number of US households watching movies online now exceeds 20 million.
EastEnders Christmas specials are known for their shouty, over-the-top soap drama but tonight the show has done itself proud thanks to Danny Dyer.
Antonio Martin shooting: Black teenager may have tried to ambush patrolman, says police officer's lawyer
Orphan kangaroos spend Christmas without their parents
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Northern Lights above Britain: Stunning Aurora Borealis illuminates Northumberland sky on Christmas Eve
New route to Mars could make manned mission much cheaper and easier
- 1 Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
- 2 Antonio Martin shooting: Police and protesters clash over teenager's death just five miles from Ferguson, Missouri
- 3 Northern Lights above Britain: Stunning Aurora Borealis illuminates Northumberland sky on Christmas Eve
- 4 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
- 5 Hip hop is both racial and political, and for Iggy Azalea to suggest otherwise is insulting
£40000 - £45000 per annum + car allowance: Ashdown Group: Senior Brand Manager...
£26 - 35k (DOE): Guru Careers: We are seeking a .NET Developer /.NET Software ...
£18 - 24k (DOE): Guru Careers: A Graduate Marketing Analyst / Online Marketing...
£Neg. (DOE) + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Technical Ope...