Wider availability of on-demand services increasing online TV and movie viewing
Friday 13 November 2009
The number of Americans watching programs online has doubled within the last year.
Consumers, wooed by the ability to watch the shows they want at a time that is convenient, are heading to the internet to get their weekly quota of TV and movie watching, says a new study published on November 11 by market researcher Parks Associates.
"Consumer interest in time-shifting content through online portals has increased significantly," said Jayant Dasari, research analyst, Parks Associates. "Close to 40% of broadband households today watch full-length television shows over the Internet."
According to Parks Associates, there are over 25 million households in the US watching full-length TV shows online on a regular basis. The number of US households watching movies online now exceeds 20 million.
Is your name now 'banned' in Saudi Arabia?
Exclusive: World’s most pristine waters are polluted by US Navy human waste
Croatia's second city to close 'worst zoo in the world' after reports of 'nightmare' conditions and 'depressed' animals
Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Did jetliner fly into area controlled by Taliban? Net widens after claims final satellite signal could have been sent from the ground
Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 Q&A by Simon Calder: How far could it have travelled? Who was responsible and what would their plans be? And how can a plane just vanish?
- 1 Is your name now 'banned' in Saudi Arabia?
- 2 Gender-specific books demean all our children. So the Independent on Sunday will no longer review anything marketed to exclude either sex
- 3 Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 Q&A by Simon Calder: How far could it have travelled? Who was responsible and what would their plans be? And how can a plane just vanish?
- 4 California man Christopher Viatafa surrenders to police after googling own name and discovering himself listed as ‘most wanted’
- 5 'Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 plane found in Bermuda Triangle!' Viral Facebook links are profiting hackers
£20000 - £23000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: The world's leading mobile adver...
£18000 - £20000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: This company is made up of award...
Lunch and travel expenses: Inspiring Interns: Tearing up the world of graduate...
£45,000+ benefits: Freshtechit: Digital Project Manager London (Greater) / Ric...