Wider availability of on-demand services increasing online TV and movie viewing
Friday 13 November 2009
The number of Americans watching programs online has doubled within the last year.
Consumers, wooed by the ability to watch the shows they want at a time that is convenient, are heading to the internet to get their weekly quota of TV and movie watching, says a new study published on November 11 by market researcher Parks Associates.
"Consumer interest in time-shifting content through online portals has increased significantly," said Jayant Dasari, research analyst, Parks Associates. "Close to 40% of broadband households today watch full-length television shows over the Internet."
According to Parks Associates, there are over 25 million households in the US watching full-length TV shows online on a regular basis. The number of US households watching movies online now exceeds 20 million.
- 1 East 17 bandmember Brian Harvey in 'very desperate situation’
- 2 Is this bridge haunted by the ghost of nu rave?
- 3 Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
- 4 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 5 Scientists have discovered a simple way to cook rice that dramatically cuts the calories
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent benefits: Ashdown Group: Web Developer -...
£40000 - £50000 per annum + Excellent benefits - see advert: Ashdown Group: .N...
£25 - 30K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an exceptional 3D Package Designer / 3...
£Competitive: Guru Careers: We are seeking a strong Middleweight / Senior Inte...