Yeah, but no, but ... it's the 'Ten O'Clock News'
Little Britain, the cult comedy that has now become a catchphrase-spawning mainstream hit, is to take over BBC1 for an entire evening this week.
To mark the start of the third series, which begins on Thursday, the couple's stars, David Walliams and Matt Lucas, have scripted the continuity announcements for the night's viewing. The voiceover will be provided by Tom Baker.
Unsuspecting viewers will be treated to such lines as: "In half an hour, Jenny Dickens' classic serial Bleak House. But first let's see what the poor people are up to in the first of two visits this evening to the EastEnder [sic]."
There will be further gobbledygook prior to a Children in Need preview show, The Great Big Bid, when Baker announces: "Hello telly viewers, you're watching the BBC One. At nine o'clock it's Little Britain - the greatest show in the history of broadcasting ..."
It is thought to be the first time BBC1 has tried such a stunt.
- 1 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 2 Tower Bridge glass walkway 'smashed' by night-time visitor dropping bottle of beer
- 3 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
£25k + commission + benefits: Savvy Media Ltd: Find a job you love and never h...
£8000 - £13000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Do you have an interest in compu...
£18000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An exciting opportunity has bec...
Voluntary Only - Expenses Reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: The Society for Expe...