Your results: the aftermath
Thursday 14 August 1997
If you missed by a grade or two, phone the university admissions tutor. Persevere if phone lines are busy.
If your first-choice university says no, contact your insurance offer university.
If the insurance offer rejects you, go into Clearing or consider a year out to resit.
Pore over the vacancies listings in The Independent and The Independent on Sunday.
Ring admissions tutors to find out whether they are interested in you.
If you are really determined to go to university this year, be flexible and you will probably get in somewhere.
Ucas helpline: 01242 227788
- 1 Crystal meth addict 'gouged out his eyes and ate them' while high on drug, Australian MP claims
- 2 As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
- 3 The ten most unequal developed countries in the world
- 4 Saudi Arabia 'seeking to head United Nations Human Rights Council'
- 5 Toddler throws a tantrum at the White House – in front of Barack Obama
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£30 - 35k: Guru Careers: A Senior Account Manager / SAM is needed to join the ...
£55000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Digital Marketing Manager...