Your results: the aftermath
Thursday 14 August 1997
If you missed by a grade or two, phone the university admissions tutor. Persevere if phone lines are busy.
If your first-choice university says no, contact your insurance offer university.
If the insurance offer rejects you, go into Clearing or consider a year out to resit.
Pore over the vacancies listings in The Independent and The Independent on Sunday.
Ring admissions tutors to find out whether they are interested in you.
If you are really determined to go to university this year, be flexible and you will probably get in somewhere.
Ucas helpline: 01242 227788
- 1 Is your name now 'banned' in Saudi Arabia?
- 2 Best films on Netflix: 32 movies that will put an end to your scrolling
- 3 Istanbul protesters take 'Ellen selfie' from the back of a police van
- 4 Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Jet ‘hijacking’ began soon after take-off
- 5 Lady Gaga has struggled with eating disorders in the past, so it's indefensible that she's glamourising bulimia in her SXSW set
£20000 - £23000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: The world's leading mobile adver...
£18000 - £20000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: This company is made up of award...
Lunch and travel expenses: Inspiring Interns: Tearing up the world of graduate...
£45,000+ benefits: Freshtechit: Digital Project Manager London (Greater) / Ric...