Met police officer on pounds 10m drug charge
Thursday 05 November 1998
John Bull, 42, from West Wickham in Kent, appeared at Medway magistrates' court, Chatham, yesterday. He is a serving detective sergeant and was formerly seconded to the National Crime Squad.
He was charged with his brother Peter Bull, 50, from Orpington. Paul Humphreys, 49, from Shernfold Park Farm, Frant, was also accused.
A Kent police spokeswoman said the arrests followed a long-term covert operation between the Kent force, the Metropolitan Police anti-corruption squad and the National Crime Squad.
All three men were remanded in custody by Dr Robin Keen, the bench chairman. The men are due to appear again next Wednesday.
- 1 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 2 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 3 Is Ebola coming to Britain? UK health officials issue warning to doctors as outbreak fears grow
- 4 Richard Dawkins says 'date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse' on Twitter
- 5 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
Were 'Poor Doors' added to mixed developments so wealthy residents don't have to go in alongside social housing tenants?
- < Previous
- Next >
Competitive: The Green Recruitment Company: The Organisation: The Green Recrui...
£350 - £400 per annum + competitive: Orgtel: Project Manager (specializing in ...
£40000 - £50000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: Embedded Sof...
£50000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits: Progressive Recruitment: Working for a m...