Saturday 06 June 1998
TODAY: Births: Thomas Mann, novelist, 1875. Deaths: Carl Gustav Jung, psychiatrist, 1961. On this day: the Allied invasion of Normandy took place - D-Day, 1944. Today is the Feast Day of St Ceratius or Cerase, St Claud of Besancon, St Eustorgius II of Milan, St Gudwal or Gurval, St Jarlath, St Norbert and St Philip the Deacon. TOMORROW: Births: Edward Morgan Foster, novelist, 1970. On this day: the first parliament of Northern Ireland opened, 1921. Today is the Feast Day of St Antony Gianelli, St Colman of Dromore, St Gottschalk, St Meriadoc or Meriasek, St Paul I of Constantinople, St Robert of Newminster, St Vulflagius or Wulphy and St Willibald.
- 1 All Blacks Aaron Cruden misses New Zealand flight after drinking session, has brilliant excuse
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': TV reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 Alicia Keys leaks nude photo 'to create a kinder and more peaceful world'
- 5 Clothes store Joy angers mental health campaigners with Twitter exchange on bipolar disorders
Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
£300 - £350 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Pharmaceutical Computer ...
£70 - £90 per day: Randstad Education Birmingham: Higher Level Teaching Assist...
£50 - £80 per day: Randstad Education Birmingham: Randstad Education is the UK...
£400 - £450 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client is currently ...