Briefly: Frederick Wooldridge
Friday 05 February 2010
Frederick Wooldridge, who died in the Haiti earthquake on 12 January 2009 aged 41, was a Senior Political Affairs and Planning Officer with the United Nations. His body was recovered from under the rubble of the UN building in Port-au-Prince.
Born in Kent, Wooldridge, who had dual British-Australian nationality, studied at the London School of Oriental and African Studies and had worked for the UN in Geneva and Liberia before moving to Haiti in 2007. Last year he married his long-term girlfriend Teamar Melles, 34, who also works for the UN and is currently stationed in Liberia, where she has been for the last 18 months.
- 1 Crystal meth addict 'gouged out his eyes and ate them' while high on drug, Australian MP claims
- 2 As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
- 3 The ten most unequal developed countries in the world
- 4 Saudi Arabia 'seeking to head United Nations Human Rights Council'
- 5 Toddler throws a tantrum at the White House – in front of Barack Obama
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...