Obits in Brief: Haakon Lie
Thursday 04 June 2009
Haakon Lie, who died on 1 June aged 103, was a pioneer of Norway's welfare state and one of the country's most influential politicians.
Lie, who was active in the Norwegian resistance during the Second World War, was secretary of the Labour Party from 1945-69, helping make it the country's largest party during the 1930s.
- 1 Rihanna 'nude photos' claims emerge on 4Chan as hacking scandal continues
- 2 Frank Lampard equalises for Manchester City against Chelsea: how Twitter reacted
- 3 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 4 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 5 Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair
350 skinny dippers brave Northumberland seas for record attempt at mass naked swim
Rihanna 'nude photos' claims emerge on 4Chan as hacking scandal continues
Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
Jennifer Lawrence leaked 4Chan sex video branded 'fake' by forum users
Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
£100 - £140 per day: Randstad Education Birmingham: Foundation and Key Stage 1...
£100 - £110 per day: Randstad Education Group: Temporary Teacher of GEOGRAPHY ...
£12000 - £24000 per annum: Randstad Education Manchester Secondary: Are you a ...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Group: Nursery Assistants RequiredNursery Assis...