Obituary: Chris Philip
Friday 13 February 1998
I was at the time a commercial daffodil breeder and grew all my stock a mile or two away from the garden. Not a single bulb or plant was dug up out of the garden before or at the time of the sale. We were delighted to hand over the garden to Chris and Denys, who were both obviously going to enjoy and develop it.
To suggest that we left it "a barren waste" is the opposite of the truth; once or twice Denys and Chris contacted us after they moved into Lakeside to say they were contemplating certain plantings and works in the garden and hoped my wife and I would not mind - a human and pleasing touch from two people who from our first meeting became our very good friends.
- 1 Woman falls to her death as she celebrates marriage proposal at the edge of Ibiza cliff
- 2 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Dad attempts revenge on teenage daughter, plan backfires spectacularly
- 5 Ball pool for adults opens in London
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
King Abdullah dead: We can't afford not to hold Saudi Arabia's royals to account
Negotiable: Tradewind Recruitment: My client is an excellent, large partially ...
£90 - £140 per day: Tradewind Recruitment: I am currently working in partnersh...
£100 - £150 per day: Tradewind Recruitment: Year 3 Teacher Birmingham Jan 2015...
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Excellent benefits: Ashdown Group: Lead Web Develo...