Saturday 01 January 1994
Mr David Robert White, to be joint district judge for the districts of the Truro, Bodmin, Camborne, Penzance and St Austell County Courts, and in the District Registry of the High Court at Truro.
Dr Ian Newton, to be President of the British Ecological Society.
Lord Perry of Walton, to be a member of the Foundation for Science and Technology.
Mr Jeremy Pope, to be Managing Director of Transparency International.
Mr Michael Nicholas, to be Chief Executive of the Royal College of Organists.
Mr R de C. Chapman, Headmaster of Malvern College, to be Chairman of the Headmasters' Conference 1994.
- 1 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 2 Tower Bridge glass walkway 'smashed' by night-time visitor dropping bottle of beer
- 3 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Rochester aftermath: Sacking of Emily Thornberry will make work of Labour MPs '10 times harder'
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
£30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Exciting career opportunity to join East...
£18000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An ambitious start-up company b...
VOLUNTARY ONLY - EXPENSES REIMBURSED: Reach Volunteering: Do you love the Engl...