Saturday 29 May 1999
TOMORROW: Mr Neville Braybrooke, writer, 76; Mr William Cleland, thoracic surgeon, 87; Mr Ray Cooney, theatrical producer, 67; Mr Peter Ellis, actor, 63; The Marquess of Ely, former headmaster, 86; Mr Harry Enfield, writer and comedian, 38; Mr Norman Eshley, actor, 54; Mr Anstruther Farrell, rugby league player, 24; The Right Rev John Gladwin, Bishop of Guildford, 57; Air Marshal Sir Reginald Harland, engineering and management consultant, 79; Mr Christopher Haskins, chairman, Northern Foods, 62; Sir David Knox, former MP, 66; Mr Timothy Llewellyn, Director, Henry Moore Foundation, 52; Sir Ian Lloyd, former MP, 78; Mr Tim Loughton MP, 37; Dr John Marks, former Chairman, British Medical Association, 74; Dr Robert Mercer, Headmaster, Prior Park College, 50; Mr Antony Moore, former diplomat, 81; Lord Richard QC, Lord Privy Seal and Leader of the House of Lords, 67; Mr Clint Walker, actor, 72; Mr Tim Waterstone, bookseller, 60; Mr Phillip Whitehead, MEP, writer, television producer and former chairman, Consumers' Association, 62; Mr Bob Willis, cricketer, 50; Sir Frederick Wood, honorary life president, Croda International, 73.
- 1 Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Bill Cosby: Isn’t it obvious why his accusers have stayed silent up until now?
- 4 Halle Berry takes ex-boyfriend Gabriel Aubry to court for allegedly trying to make daughter look less African-American
- 5 Isis propaganda image showing 'abuse of Muslim woman by soldiers' is actually taken from Hungarian porn film
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
Exclusive: UK approved £7m Israeli arms sales in six months before Gaza conflict
£30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Exciting career opportunity to join East...
£18000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An ambitious start-up company b...
VOLUNTARY ONLY - EXPENSES REIMBURSED: Reach Volunteering: Do you love the Engl...