Tuesday 06 May 1997
Sir John Arnold, former High Court Judge, 82; General Sir Jeremy Blacker, former Master-General of the Ordnance, 58; Mr Tony Blair MP, Prime Minister, 44; Professor Rosemary Cramp, archaeologist, 68; Sir Frank Ereaut, former Bailiff of Jersey, 78; Mr Robert Fell, former chief executive, Stock Exchange, 76; Miss Alessandra Ferri, ballerina, 34; Maj-Gen John Hamilton-Jones, consultant, Cubic Defense Systems, 71; Mr John Henderson, former Lord- Lieutenant of Berkshire, 77; Vice- Admiral Sir Hugh Martell, 85; Mr Freddy Randall, jazz trumpeter, 76; Mr Alan Ross, writer and publisher, 75; The Right Rev John Taylor, former Bishop of St Albans, 68; Mr Norman Whiteside, footballer, 32.
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 2 London council removes 'unacceptable' Stamford Hill posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan in new celebrity hacking attack weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 4 Matthew Miller: American sentenced to hard labour in North Korea 'wanted to be Snowden II'
- 5 Iranian blogger found guilty of insulting Prophet Mohammad on Facebook sentenced to death
London council removes 'unacceptable' Stamford Hill posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan in new celebrity hacking attack weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
Isis in Syria: 60,000 Kurds flee terror in new exodus
Alan Henning kidnapping: British aid worker's wife appeals to Isis to release him
Iranian blogger found guilty of insulting Prophet Mohammad on Facebook sentenced to death
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
£40000 - £45000 per annum: Ashdown Group: HR Manager / Training Manager (L&D /...
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: HR Manager - Edgware, Lon...
£32000 - £40000 per annum + bonus: Ashdown Group: HR Manager (Generalist) -Old...
£45000 - £50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Talent / Learning & Development Mana...