Saturday 29 January 1994
TOMORROW: Sir Herbert Ashworth, former chairman, Nationwide Building Society, 84; Mr Jack Bowman, Chief Constable, Tayside, 63; Sir Frederick Catherwood, MEP, 69; Sir John Dutton Clerk of Penicuik Bt, former Lord-Lieutenant of Midlothian, 77; Miss Christina Foyle, bookseller, 83; Sir Robert Gatehouse, High Court judge, 70; Mr Gene Hackman, actor, 62; Mr Patrick Heron, abstract painter, 74; Professor Christopher Howes, Second Commissioner and chief executive of the Crown Estate, 52; The Earl of Huntingdon, racehorse trainer, 46; Viscount Long, a Lord- in-Waiting, 65; Lord Lowry, former Lord Chief Justice of Northern Ireland, 75; Sir Charles Mantell, High Court judge, 57; Professor JS Mason, Vice-Chancellor, Glasgow Caledonian University, 60; Mr Mitch Murray, song composer and producer, 54; Sir Foley Newns, former overseas administrator, 85; Professor Alexander Ogston, former President, Trinity College, Oxford, 83; Mr Denys Oppe, former chairman, M & G Group, 81; Mr Louis Osman, architect and goldsmith, 80; Mr Hal Prince, theatrical director and producer, 66; Miss Victoria Principal, actress and writer, 44; Mr John Profumo, President, Toynbee Hall, 79; Miss Vanessa Redgrave, actress, 57; Mr Derek Ricketts, show jumper, 44; Viscount St Davids, a Lord-in- Waiting, 55; Mr Boris Spassky, chess champion, 56.
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Mystery man who gave mum heart-warming note on train 'wanted to put a smile on her face'
- 3 Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
- 4 Mafia's wall of silence broken: Victim of Cosa Nostra's extortion rackets in its Corleone heartland co-operates with authorities for the first time ever
- 5 Amal Clooney gives excellent answer to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
Louise Mensch says 'F**K YOU' in explosive tweets about David Cameron, Saudi Embassy and the Queen over King Abdullah tributes
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: One of the world's leading suppliers and manuf...
£6240 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Apprentices are required to join a privat...
£40000 per annum: Sauce Recruitment: This is an exciting opportunity for a HR...
£35000 - £40000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A well-established organisation oper...