Saturday 17 April 1993
TOMORROW: Miss Avril Angers, actress, 71; Dr Clive Booth, vice- Chancellor, Oxford Brookes University, 50; Sir Walter Clegg, former MP, 73; Sir Roger de Grey, president of the Royal Academy, 75; Mr Alan Devereux, former chairman, Scottish Tourist Board, 60; Miss Sylvia Fisher, soprano, 83; Miss Barbara Hale, actress, 71; Sir Peter Hordern MP, chairman, Fina, 64; Mr Harold Innocent, actor, 57; Mr Peter Jeffrey, actor, 64; Mr Mark Kingston, actor, 59; Mr Malcolm Marshall, cricketer, 35; Lord Mason of Barnsley, former MP, 69; Miss Hayley Mills, actress, 48; The Rev Dominic Milroy, OSB, former headmaster, Ampleforth College, 61; Baroness Platt of Writtle, former chairman, Equal Opportunities Commission, 70; The Right Rev Dr Edward Roberts, former Bishop of Ely, 85; Mr Miklos Rozsa, film and television composer, 86; Sir Teddy Taylor MP, 56; Mr Ian Taylor MP, 48; Sir Edgar Unsworth, former Justice of Appeal, Gibraltar, 87.
From the blogs
As a reluctant vegetarian (so reluctant that I'm not vegetarian at all) and a reluctant risotto eate...
Time for the monthly treat from David Hayes, who writes about British politics for the Australian In...
Nadine Dorries talks freely about many things, but not whether she was paid to go on I'm a Cleberity...
Thirteen-year-old Conor awakes in bed one night to discover that the yew tree outside his house has ...
Stand by for another DECADE of wet summers, say Met Office meteorologists
'Jail reckless bankers': Report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
Feat of engineering: Incredible photographs show construction beneath New York's Second Avenue
World news in pictures
Google challenges US surveillance gagging order
- 1 Disability campaigners celebrate 'victory' after government rethink over plans to make it more difficult to claim disability benefits
- 2 'Jail reckless bankers': Report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 3 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 4 Uri Geller psychic spy? The spoon-bender's secret life as a Mossad and CIA agent revealed
- 5 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf