Bob Hoskins dead: 7 things you didn’t know about the actor from Jamie T music video to hatred of Super Mario
Hook actor was decorated at Cannes, Golden Globes and Baftas
British acting veteran Bob Hoskins died at the age of 71 today following a bout of pneumonia.
He is probably best known for his roles in Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, Mona Lisa and The Long Good Friday, but here's some things you may not know about him:
1. He starred in a music video for Jamie T, walking along Southbank and mouthing the lyrics to "Sheila".
2. Joking about his similarities with the actor, he once said he would like Danny DeVito to play him in a film about his life.
3. He really hates the Super Mario Bros movie (in which he played the moustachioed plumber)
From a Guardian Q&A:
What is the worst job you've done?
Super Mario Brothers.
What has been your biggest disappointment?
Super Mario Brothers.
If you could edit your past, what would you change?
I wouldn't do Super Mario Brothers.
4. He once delivered a 30-minute monologue as a hitman waiting in a public toilet.
5. He won Cannes Film Festival's prestigious Prix d'interprétation masculine for his role in Mona Lisa
6. Outside of his gangster roles, he once played Pope John XXIII in TV biopic The Good Pope.
7. A dad joke he delivered in Hook has over 140,000 YouTube views.
- 1 Sabina Altynbekova, the girl branded 'too good looking' for volleyball, says social media obsession with her is a 'bit much'
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- 4 Zayn Malik on Israel-Gaza: One Direction singer bombarded with Twitter death threats after posting #FreePalestine
- 5 'Hello mum, this is going to be hard for you to read ...'
Russell Brand accuses FOX News anchor Sean Hannity of terrorism after aggressive Israel-Gaza debate
Sally Farmiloe dead: Howards' Way actress, and former mistress of Jeffrey Archer, dies aged 60
Sabina Altynbekova, the girl branded 'too good looking' for volleyball, says social media obsession with her is a 'bit much'
Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
Australian model Robyn Lawley stages naked protest against huge coal mine seven times the size of Sydney Harbour
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
- < Previous
- Next >
£350 - £400 per annum + competitive: Orgtel: Project Manager (specializing in ...
£30000 - £34000 Per Annum 25 days holiday, Private healthcare: Clearwater Peop...
Unpaid: Cancer Research UK: If you’re a professional in project management, lo...
£85 - £140 per day: Randstad Education Cheshire: We require a teacher of Geogr...