Monday 02 August 1993
1 August: The Duke of York, Commodore, this evening attended the Royal Thames Yacht Club Reception at Cowes, Isle of Wight.
The Princess Royal, Patron, XXXIInd International Congress of Physiological Sciences, attends the Congress at the Scottish Exhibition Centre, Glagow University; and later, as President, Royal Yachting Association, attends a meeting of the Council on board HMY Britannia, Cowes Roads, Isle of Wight.
Changing of the Guard
The Household Cavalry Mounted Regiment mounts the Queen's Life Guard at Horse Guards, 11am.
Bands playing in the Royal Parks
St James's Park, Ladies' Palm Court Orchestra, 12.30pm-2pm, 5.30pm-7pm.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Latest in News
Ten best places to live in the UK: Solihull comes top
Paul Walker autopsy: Results reveal Fast and Furious star's cause of death
Mysterious glowing ‘alien-like creature’ spotted in waters of Bristol Harbour. A jellyfish - or something fishy?
From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
Nelson Mandela death: his life in pictures
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Nelson Mandela life story: An unconquerable spirit
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 Video: Students 'punched and dragged to the ground by their hair' as police break up demonstration
£23 - £30 per hour: Morgan Hunt: A fantastic opportunity has arisen within a c...
£35000 - £40000 per annum: Morgan Hunt: Job Title - HR Manager Role type - Pe...
£23000 - £25000 per annum: Charter Selection: Leading global manufacturing com...
£185 - £250 per day: Morgan Hunt: A fantastic opportunity has arisen within a ...