Friday 13 August 1993
The Duke of York visits Thurso Golf Club, Thurso, Caithness.
Changing of the Guard
The Household Cavalry Mounted Regiment mounts the Queen's Life Guard at Horse Guards, 11am; 1st Battalion the King's Regiment mounts the Queen's Guard, at Buckingham Palace, 11.30am, band provided by the King's Regiment.
Bands playing in the Royal Parks
St James's Park, London Electricity Redbridge Brass, 12.30pm-2pm, 5.30pm-7pm; Regent's Park, Lewisham Concert Band, 12.30pm-2pm, 5.30pm-7pm.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Latest in News
Rapper Ja Rule forced to deny leaving his wife for prison cell mate
Ten best places to live in the UK: Solihull comes top
Mysterious glowing ‘alien-like creature’ spotted in waters of Bristol Harbour. A jellyfish - or something fishy?
From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
Nelson Mandela death: his life in pictures
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Video: Students 'punched and dragged to the ground by their hair' as police break up demonstration
- 5 Cannabis can cause man boobs, US surgeon claims
£23 - £30 per hour: Morgan Hunt: A fantastic opportunity has arisen within a c...
£35000 - £40000 per annum: Morgan Hunt: Job Title - HR Manager Role type - Pe...
£23000 - £25000 per annum: Charter Selection: Leading global manufacturing com...
£185 - £250 per day: Morgan Hunt: A fantastic opportunity has arisen within a ...