Thursday 13 August 1992
12 August: By command of The Queen, Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant for the City of Edinburgh, (Mr Norman Irons, the Right Hon the Lord Provost), was present at Edinburgh Airport this morning upon the arrival of The Queen of the Netherlands and welcomed Her Majesty on behalf of Her Majesty.
Changing of the Guard
The Household Cavalry Mounted Regiment mounts The Queen's Life Guard at Horse Guards, 11am; 1st Battalion Grenadier Guards mounts The Queen's Guard, at Buckingham Palace, 11.30am, band provided by the Grenadier Guards.
Bands playing in the Royal Parks
St James's Park, 12.30pm-2pm, 5.30pm-7pm, Eltham Concert Band.
Ukraine crisis: Helicopter gunships take country closer to all-out war
Undertaker dead hoax: WWE wrestler not 'found dead in home' as Facebook and Twitter reports
Malaysia Airlines MH370 co-pilot's phone 'was on and made contact with network tower' 30 minutes after plane turned around
Oscar Pistorius trial: Reeva Steenkamp told athlete she 'loved him' for first time in Valentine's Day card
Lunar eclipse 2014: Images of last night's spectacular 'blood moon'
David Cameron: 'Jesus invented the Big Society – I'm just continuing God's work'
US Navy christens huge $3 billion destroyer ship USS Zumwalt that appears as a fishing boat on enemy radar
Nigel Farage fatigue? Half of voters ‘immune’ to Ukip’s appeal
Nigel Farage on Have I Got News For You: Ukip leader ridiculed over expenses and party 'fruitcakes'
Ukip and Nigel Farage on the up over Maria Miller furore and 'Sexminster' culture
Refugee facing deportation from Sweden saved by fellow passengers refusing to let plane leave
- 1 Refugee facing deportation from Sweden saved by fellow passengers refusing to let plane leave
- 2 The best movies on Netflix: 32 films that will end your endless scrolling
- 3 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 4 What's in the safe? Man live-photographs cracking of mysterious locked box on Reddit
- 5 Drugs giant GlaxoSmithKline bribed doctors to boost sales, says whistleblower