David Schwimmer helps police investigating a violent incident involving his neighbour
The Friends star comes to the rescue of his New York neighbour
David Schwimmer has assisted police in the arrest of a man who allegedly tried to rob and stab his New York neighbour on Monday morning (25 May).
Robert Rainey was charged with assault, criminal possession of a weapon and robbery, after he allegedly broke into a man’s apartment in an attempt to steal a laptop.
When Rainey entered, he allegedly discovered that the man was busy with a transgendered prostitute. The prostitute reportedly used pepper spray on the neighbour before running off and a fight ensued outside the man’s door.
The neighbour tried to defend himself with a knife but the assailant allegedly grabbed it from him and cut the man across the face.
The alleged assault was captured by Schwimmer’s security cameras, who allowed police to view the footage. The film may now be used in court.
Schwimmer – who is most famous for playing Ross in Friends – has featured in animation film Madagascar and is soon to appear on television in Irreversible, in which he plays a young writer. The sitcom is due to air later this year.
- 1 Germanwings crash: Captain of doomed plane was only 'on board because he changed job to spend more time with his children'
- 2 Ohio Democrat Teresa Fedor speaks out during abortion debate to reveal she has been raped – and is interrupted by laughter from Republicans
- 3 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
- 4 Germanwings crash: 'Andreas Lubitz planned to marry pregnant girlfriend', claims German report
- 5 Germanwings plane crash: Transcript reveals passengers 'screamed for over five minutes' before plane crashed into mountain
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
£35000 - £38000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This dynamic outsourced contact...
£19000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An excellent opportunity for a ...
£28000 - £32000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Group HR Advisor with an established...
£40 - 50k (DOE) + Bonus: Guru Careers: We are seeking a HR Manager / HR Genera...