Diary 30 August - 5 September
Monday 30 August 1993
Wednesday 1 September: National Trust Clean Beach Day. Winchester Cathedral Festival of Flowers begins, Winchester, Hampshire.
Thursday 2: Equestrianism, Burghley Horse Trials, Stamford.
Friday 3: 21st Salisbury Festival begins, Salisbury, Wiltshire. Blackpool illuminations are switched on, Blackpool, Lancashire.
Saturday 4: Chatsworth Country Fair begins, Chatsworth, Bakewell, Derbyshire. International Kite Festival begins, Ashton Court Estate, Bristol, Avon. Cricket, NatWest Trophy final, Lord's. Horse Racing, September Stakes, Kempton Park.
Sunday 5: Thirteenth Sunday after Trinity. Shepway Festival Airshow, Folkestone, Kent. Hurling, All-Ireland final, Dublin. Powerboat Racing, Guernsey Grand Prix, St Peter Port.
- 1 Alan Rickman admits editing 'terrible' script with friends in Pizza Hut behind backs of writers on Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
- 2 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 3 US? China? India? The 10 biggest economies in 2030 will be...
- 4 'I wish my teacher knew...': Young students share their 'heartbreaking' worries in notes
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
£18000 - £20000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: HR Assistant (Events busi...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This privately-owned company designs and manuf...
£22000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An opportunity has arisen at th...
£36000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus: Ashdown Group: HR Manager (Generalist) -Old...