'Ghost Adventures' TV couple Mark and Debby Constantino found dead in apparent murder-suicide

The separated couple once starred in the reality TV programme which invesitgated locations believed to be haunted

Click to follow
The Independent Online

A couple who appeared on the American TV-programme Ghost Adventures have been found dead in an alleged murder-suicide.

Mark and Debby Constantino, who were separated, were found dead on Tuesday after police used explosives to open the door of an apartment, reportedly belonging to the couple’s daughter in Sparks, Nevada, USA.

Police told Associated Press that during a stand-off Mark fired at policeman at the door.

Deputy Chief Tom Robinson, a Reno police officer, told the Reno-Gazette Journal that the suspect told police: “Give me 15 minutes to gather my thoughts or I’ll kill her.”

The deaths are “directly related” with the murder of another unnamed man in nearby Reno, Nevada, according to Police.

The unidentified man was believed to have been found by a woman he lived with. The woman then told police that her other flatmate, believed to be Debby, was missing.

Lieutenant William Rulla, from the Reno police force said Debby was previously a victim of kidnapping and a domestic incident involving Mark.

District Court records also apparently showed that Debby had obtained a restraining order against her estranged husband just last week.

They were reportedly both due to appear in court regarding their pending divorce in December.

It is not yet known how the couple died but Lieutenant Rocky Triplett, from Sparks Police told AP: “The subjects involved in this incident were not shot at or injured by gunfire from any law enforcement personnel.”

The couple regularly appeared as paranormal investigators on Ghost Adventures – a reality TV programme, shown on the Travel Channel, that investigated locations believed to be haunted.