Gwyneth Paltrow has secured a temporary restraining order against a stalker who gained access to her London home and recently attempted to enter her Los Angeles residence.
On Friday, Nickolaos Gavrilis was instructed to stay at least 100 yards away from Paltrow, Chris Martin and her two children through an order of protection.
Paltrow’s filing alleges that Gavrilis tried to get into her LA home on 4 April by claiming that he had an appointment with the actress, E! reports. It isn’t known whether or not the family were at home at the time.
The filing states that Gavrilis had been “stalking and harassing Petitioner on two continents, has not stopped despite warnings from police, has previously been convicted of harassment by a criminal court and presents an immediate danger that great or irreparable harm would result if an order did not issue immediately.”
The family's director of security, Tony Abbott, says that Gavrilis was allowed access to Paltrow’s London house in September 2012, after he falsely claimed that he had a business meeting with her.
Abbott states that, after the first incident, he followed the man to a nearby tube station where he told him that he had written Iron Man and Avengers and had given them to Paltrow 20 years ago and was chasing payment from her.
Gavrilis tried once again to enter the actress’s home in April 2013, but was denied access. That same month he was also seen on a street near the studio of Paltrow’s health and fitness trainer, Tracy Anderson. Abbott described him as a “potential threat”.
A hearing to decide whether the restraining order should be made permanent will take place on 12 May.
Paltrow hasn’t had an easy time over recent months. In March, she announced her split from husband of over 10 years, Chris Martin and yesterday it was revealed that her lifestyle company, Goop.com, is in significant debt.