Abbey Clancy gives birth
Abbey Clancy has given birth to a baby girl.
The 25-year-old model and her soccer star fiance Peter Crouch became parents for the first time last night and are thrilled with their new arrival.
A source said: "Mother and daughter are doing brilliantly.
"Abbey and Peter are over the moon. They haven't picked a name yet, but they are completely in love with her."
The baby weighed in at 7lbs 9oz.
Peter, 30, is said to be looking forward to celebrating his daughter's birth with his Tottenham Hotspur teammates.
One pal said: "The Spurs boys have been texting him congratulations - and promising to help him wet the baby's head."
Abbey - who has been in a relationship with Peter for five years and got engaged almost two years ago - is likely to be surprised by the gender of the infant as she previously admitted she thought she was carrying a boy.
She said soon after confirming her pregnancy: "I think it's a boy from looking at the scans... it's too boisterous to be a girl."
The couple are thought to be planning to marry this summer.
From the blogs
Standing by her makeshift tent in the unofficial camp of Baynjan , northern Iraq, Nasrin showed me t...
David Prior's very personal reason for thinkg that investigators need appropriate expertise
Dozens of empty homes in two of Liverpool’s most deprived areas will be brought back into use thanks...
As a reluctant vegetarian (so reluctant that I'm not vegetarian at all) and a reluctant risotto eate...
In pictures: Saturn images from Cassini probe as it prepares to turn lens towards Earth
Serena Williams apologises after comment that rape victim 'shouldn't have put herself in that position'
New banker bonus boom: Payouts leapt 64% to new record when Chancellor George Osborne cut top-rate tax to 45p in April
'There's something quite unpleasant going on': Nigel Farage confronted for second time on visit to Scotland ahead of Donside by-election
World news in pictures
- 1 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 2 Mike Ashley wants blood after last season's trauma at Newcastle - and it won't stop with Derek Llambias
- 3 Richard Nieuwenhuizen death: Six teenagers and 50-year-old father convicted of manslaughter in shocking case of referee killed over a game of football
- 4 Exclusive: Newcastle's star talent-spotter on brink as Joe Kinnear sparks walkout
- 5 Vast methane 'plumes' seen in Arctic ocean as sea ice retreats